In Sarmishsay over 4000 petrogliphs remained. These drawings date back to the Bronze Age (ca 6000-4000 BC). Major part of petrogliphs was carved in the midstream of «say» (small river), the start of a narrow stone canyon of 2-2,5 km length. The paintings were applied on vertical, sometimes horizontal flatness of basic outcrops of red-color sandstone of Cambrian age, layering by slates and limestones.Next to petrogliphs burial mounds of nomads and sacrificial places are located. Since ancient times this territory was a spiritual zone, where people came to hold ceremonies and religious holidays.
Chashma is a place of the faithful’s piligrimage and one of the significant religious centers of Islam in the region.
A brick building of Rabat Malik (The king palace) dated by 1078 and constructed by Karakhanide Ruler Shams al-Mulk is located in Navoi Region along the highway connecting Samarkand and Bukhara.
Only its portal has reached until now from the old huge caravanserai on the surface of the ground.
Sardoba is the huge, brick tank drowned in the earth blocked by an archaic step dome, served as a source of water supply for travelers.
Memorial complex at a tomb of the Kasym-sheikh who died in 1571. Originally the Mosque and a court yard fencing were built, revetted with marble, three-chambered, with three-flying portico. The central dome and angular little domes in interiors are issued in the form of graceful plafonds on grids of thyroid sails.